RE: NGLCC & JPMorgan Chase Education Series: Windows of Opportunity
The Diversity Chamber, in collaboration with NGLCC and JPMorgan Chase are excited to share a continuing eduction and certification/membership opportunity to LGBT+ businesses in Central Ohio.
NGLCC is partnering with JPMorgan Chase & Co. to offer free Chase for Business educational courses designed to help LGBT+ entrepreneurs grow and scale their businesses. From navigating your cash flow to marketing in a digital world, these guided sessions focus on addressing immediate and long-term financial needs and building resiliency. You can use the link below to view the recordings of our previous three sessions:
Additionally, learn how you can get your NGLCC Affiliate Chamber membership and LGBTBE Certification fees sponsored by JPMorgan Chase at the link here. We hope you will join for our next session: Windows of Opportunity on Thursday, February 9th at 1pm ET: REGISTER HERE to join us.
The session will cover:
- How to discover capital and networking opportunities:
- Define supplier diversity and apply those findings to your business
- Stand out during the procurement stage and navigate the challenges of governmentcontracting
- Access corporate supplier diversity programs for future partnerships
- Plan for certification – and use it to your advantage
- Nurture your relationships with government organizations and corporate businessesFor more information on the JPMorgan Chase & NGLCC education series, you can follow the link here: NGLCC x JPMorgan Chase Webpage.Interested in other resources for supporting your business? Visit chase.com/businessconsultant.Cheers,Allison Harrison, President
Grow your business through LGBT Business Enterprise (LGBTBE®) certification
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is partnering with the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) to certify 100 LGBT+ business enterprises. Chamber membership and certification fees will be sponsored by JPMorgan Chase’s Office of LGBT+ Affairs and distributed through the NGLCC.
Becoming certified as an LGBT Business Enterprise® (LGBTBE®) can open the door to new business growth opportunities. Large national and multi-national corporations like JPMorgan Chase have spent billions with diverse businesses and are looking to meet companies like yours. Supplier diversity programs enable corporations to find and work with certified businesses and ultimately impact local economies.
This LGBTBE® initiative is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Participating businesses are to be determined by NGLCC, resulting in an approved certification. To participate, your business should meet the following criteria:
- $100,000+ in annual revenue
- 2 years or more in business
- 51% or more of the business is owned and controlled by LGBT+ person(s) who are U.S. citizens or lawfulpermanent residents and therefore eligible to be certified as an LGBTBE
- Suggested industries by NGLCC include, but are not limited to:
o Manufacturing – healthcare, food and beverage, flexible film, personal care products, ingredients o Logistics and Transportation – trucking, cargo
o Legal Services
o Money Managers – treasury, acquisitions, mergers
o Technology – cybersecurity, blockchain
o Executive search firms
o Personal protective equipment product manufacturing
When you’re ready to get started, follow the steps below. All applicants must be approved by NGLCC first to participate.
- Applicant sends email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to participate.
- NGLCC approves applicant participation and makes introduction to local affiliate chamber.
- Applicant becomes a member of their local affiliate chamber and completes certification process.
- Local affiliate chamber invoices NGLCC for the applicant’s membership dues, and applicant’s certification feeis waived.
To learn about the benefits of certification and the program, click here. If you have any questions, please contact